Apple and walnut salad
This refreshing, crisp summer salad provides
the perfect accompaniment to a glass (or two) of chilled Spanish
tangier version, add a dash of lemon juice to the mayonnaise before mixing it
into the salad
- Serves 2
- 10 minutes preparation
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet green apple
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz) golden raisins
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and
- 8 walnuts, shelled
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz) mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Peel, core and dice the apple. Sprinkle a
little lemon juice to prevent discoloration and set aside.
Combine the scallions, raisins, celery and
potatoes in a medium earthenware bowl.
Add the diced apple, walnuts, and
mayonnaise, mixing thoroughly. Sprinkle lightly with cilantro and serve
Find Spanish Recipes!
If you're looking for Spanish Recipes, just
type what you're looking for and hit the search button!
Keep in touch with Tapas Recipes!
Subscribe to our e-zine!